Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Midnight Sparkle Playdough


What to do when your sweet girl is having nightmares/night terrors and you are up and down with her so much you just decide to stay awake until she's calm? Try a new playdough recipe of course! 

I ran across this wonderful playdough recipe tonight while on pinterest and decided to give it a whirl, only...I didn't have baby oil, so I did use regular EVOO because it was still sitting on the counter from when I made dinner....how convenient! 

This was my first time making this recipe, and it's been FOREVER since I've actually made dough that you have to cook, so it took me a bit of time to really get the hang of it, but really...what you need to remember is to cook until it's no longer sticky. Kneeding it afterwards was kinda fun for me! The house was quiet...the kitten was attacking a potato he got free from the bag (hey...who was I to stop this fun potato attack?)...and I stood there kneeding warm playdough and adding sparkles to it! 

Since it was almost midnight I decided it needed to be purple so it could be called....midnight sparkle playdough. I know the girls will LOVE the name...not sure Xander will care, but at 22 months, he's just happy to get to play with anything his sisters don't steal from him. Poor kiddo. 

No actual pictures of making the dough, my phone (camera atm) was charging and I just didn't want to stop! But here is a wonderful blurry picture of it finished. There are two good sized balls in their own wonderful containers (2 for $1 at the dollar store!) and all ready for tomorrow! 

The kiddlets will love this while at home with our respite provider while I run to an SSI appointment (oh the pure joy of the social security office just days before Thanksgiving....shudder). Maybe tomorrow we'll make another color! Now that I know the size batch it makes, I'll do it 1/2 colors next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment